Ballance Agri-Nutrients is a trusted New Zealand company, whose origins can be traced back to the late 1800s. A farmer-owned co-operative, Ballance manufactures fertiliser and stock feed at 11 key regional locations throughout New Zealand. Ballance has a nationwide network of 48 Hub Stores and Service Centres, supplying nearly 280 merchant outlets. Ballance’s products are supported by a nationwide team of nutrient specialists, whose knowledge and expertise are backed by the company’s commitment to cutting-edge science and technology.
At the time Ballance engaged Datacom, the company had just gone live with a customised Microsoft Dynamics CRM solution for the core sales team (implemented by another partner). Unfortunately, technical and usability issues had led to poor adoption of the new platform. Datacom was initially engaged by Ballance to work through a list of issues and provide functionality more in line with users’ expectations.
Datacom worked with Ballance stakeholders to resolve all prioritised issues – the result was a solid and reliable Dynamics platform to enable future success together with significantly improved adoption and confidence from the business.
The work allowed sales teams to successfully use the Dynamics CRM solution for their day-to-day activities – but the next challenge was the legacy system being used by the Ballance service team. This meant sales teams and service teams had a different view of the same customers.
This had to change – as many orders from the sales team would require discussions between the service teams and customers.
Datacom was asked to bring the service team onto the Dynamics platform so a single view of the customer could be shared.
The Datacom Difference
Throughout the project, Datacom provided a local team of certified Dynamics experts to work closely with Ballance. The team was frequently co-located on Ballance premises to ensure a high level of communication and customer focus. This approach together with Datacom's deep Dynamics and industry expertise, helped Datacom exceed Ballance's expectations, with 100 percent of the required scope delivered within budget.
12 months after Datacom took over the support and enhancement of the Microsoft Dynamics solution, a number of benefits have been seen by Ballance and its customers including:
- 2x increase in the usage of the system, measured by frequency of access to the system
- 4x increase in the number of customer interactions captured, largely due to increased adoption and stabilisation of the system
- Increase in efficiency and collaboration through shared opportunity management for sales and service teams, including cross-sell/up-sell tracking
- Improved customer experience via the contact centre; leveraging CTI has increased throughput and enabled customer service agents to respond more quickly to customers on the phone
- Improved quality of customer communications through full CRM activity management and digital communication design
- Improved view of effectiveness of campaigns, through better customer targeting and response tracking